Monday, November 8, 2010

Ceiba insignis or Silk floss tree

I was telling you yesterday that I climbed to a Ceiba tree to avoid the mob of dogs that came in.

Today and tomorrow I will show you two Ceiba tree species that you can find at Fairchild.


 
Today I will show you the flowers of the Ceiba insignis; tomorrow the thorns. That's life!




I have necessarily to agree with visitors that stop jaw-dropping before the tree. When fall like now arrives all the awkward branches it has suddenly explode full of beautiful flowers.



This tree comes originally from South America and likes semi tropical climates.



One of my uncountable cousins that lives in South California told me once that it has seen this tree there as well but I haven't heard of anyone more to the North.

No comments:

Post a Comment